The great football coach, Vince Lombardi (1913 - 1970) once said, "It is essential to understand that battles are primarily won in the hearts of men. Men respond to leadership in a most remarkable way and once you have won his heart, he will follow you anywhere." I think this applies to women, too.
So how do you do this?
- Look at situations objectively;
- Appreciate the backgrounds each of your team members bring to the table;
- Remain honest in all your dealings;
- Be humble (leave your ego at the door);
- Be patient;
- Be grateful for the contributions each team member makes;
- Treat everyone with trust and respect.
If you do these things, your people, men and women alike, will feel it in their hearts. This is the essence of Heartfelt Leadership.